Dixie 2014 Announcements
I just want to say wow! Santee Lodge Members had a really good weekend (for some it was a week) at Camp Coker for OA Week/Summer Fellowship. We had voted on a patch and a theme for 2014 Dixie. The theme is "United in a Life of Cheerful Service". Start thinking on how that theme fits your life in scouting, church, and home. I just want to again thank the people who help with the new staircase for the Dining Hall, the people who set up the lights and the benches, and the others who painted the sound booth. Also great job to Jake Ammons and Chris King for a great pageant!
If you guys did not hear the good news, we had about 20+ new members sign up on Dixie Staff. If you weren’t there and heard the deal here it is: “If Santee Lodge 116 gets 180 people sign up on Staff by Fall Fellowship 2013, then Timmy Hellaby II will dye his hair hot green or pink, and allow the brothers of the lodge to throw shaving cream pies at his face!” Get every member of the OA you know to sign up. We need 200 people to run it. Every brother, especially you, is truly important in making Dixie great for the guests of Camp Coker in April 2014.
We have a great selection of Chairmans, and for those who are Chairmans please try to make it to Lodge Leadership Seminar in September. And even attend NLS (National Leadership Seminar). If you have any questions please ask me or my advisor James McIlrath.
Thanks you for continuing not only the brotherhood, cheerful service, and fellowship, but also continuing the traditions!
Yours in WWW,
Timmy Hellaby II
Dixie 2014 Committee Chairman
Code of Conduct
The success or failure of our fellowship depends on the conduct of each individual brother that attends. As an
Arrowman, I understand and will observe all rules and regulations of the Order of the Arrow, the Boy Scouts of
America, and will observe the reasonable demands made of me. As a member of the Order of the Arrow, I will:
1. Observe the Scout Law, Scout Oath, and the Obligation of the Order of the Arrow.
2. Wear my officially designated uniform as required throughout the fellowship.
3. Attend planned and general training sessions.
4. Confine the trading and swapping of Scout related items to free periods and in designated areas.
5. Be personally responsible for the breakage, damage, or loss of property.
6. Observe quiet hours and lights-out hours.
7. Keep my quarters clean and dispose of trash in the proper places.
8. Not change my officially assigned area without permission.
9. Allow no unregistered person to occupy my quarters.
10. Wear suitable covering in the camp including shirt and closed toed shoes.
11. Observe all BSA policies regarding the purchase, possession, or consumption of alcohol.
12. Observe BSA tobacco use policy.
13. Respect BSA rules prohibiting the use of fireworks and firearms.
14. Neither buy nor sell items at the fellowship other than at the Trading Post or as authorized by the Council of
Chiefs. I understand that the Trading Post is the only official source for the purchase of items.
15. Not to leave camp without permission of the fellowship headquarters.
16. Remember that I am a guest of Santee Lodge of the Pee Dee Area Council, and Camp Coker.
17. Park only in designated areas.
18. Abide by the BSA Guide to Safe Scouting including Youth Protection Guidelines.
I understand that the failure to abide by these rules, as approved by the Council of Chiefs, could result in my
removal from the fellowship and camp premises.
Dixie 2014 Committee Adviser
1-4 of 4